What can YOU do to transform Ethiopia?
- YOU can become Ethiopia’s goodwill ambassador and promote Ethiopia.
- YOU can boost Ethiopia’s foreign currency reserve by sending your remittances legally.
- YOU can open foreign savings account in Ethiopia and get a better rate of interest.
- YOU can purchase EEPCO’s Millennium Bond and get good return for it.
- YOU can invest in agriculture, manufacturing, mining, ICT, construction & consultancy.
Like us on Facebook
- Des on Al-Bashir: Sudan supports construction of the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam
- eskeziawnega on Ethiopian dam project to include Egypt and Sudan
- Son of Abyssinia on Ethiopia begins process to ratify framework agreement on Nile
- dera on Ethiopia begins process to ratify framework agreement on Nile
- dagne on The dam speech
Ethiopian Dam Chronology1932 Akaki (Akaki River) 6 MW
1953 Tis Abay 1 (Nile River) 11.5 MW
1960 Koka (Awash River) 42.3 MW
1966 Awash 2 (Awash River) 32 MW
1971 Awash 3 (Awash River) 32 MW
1973 Fincha (Fincha River) 100 MW
1989 Melka Wekena 153 MW
1990 Sor 5 MW
2001 Tis Abay II (Nile River) 75 MW
2004 Gibe 1 (Omo River) 184 MW
2009 Tekeze (Tekeze river) 310 MW
2009 Gibe 2 (Omo River) 420 MW
2010 Tana Beles (Belesa River) 435 MW
2013 Gibe 3 (Omo River) 1870 megawatt
2017 Great Millennium Dam (Nile River) 5250 MW
Renaissance Dam Archive
Posted on April 28, 2011 | 2 CommentsCAIRO: The “Egyptian People’s Diplomatic Delegation” will visit Ethiopia on Friday to discuss the construction of the so-called Renaissance Dam on the river Nile. Several Egyptian politicians and activists will […]
Posted on April 19, 2011 | No Comments* Ethiopian minister says dam could also benefit Egypt * Dismisses war fears, says not a national security issue By Barry Malone ADDIS ABABA, April 18 (Reuters) – Ethiopia did […]