What can YOU do to transform Ethiopia?
- YOU can become Ethiopia’s goodwill ambassador and promote Ethiopia.
- YOU can boost Ethiopia’s foreign currency reserve by sending your remittances legally.
- YOU can open foreign savings account in Ethiopia and get a better rate of interest.
- YOU can purchase EEPCO’s Millennium Bond and get good return for it.
- YOU can invest in agriculture, manufacturing, mining, ICT, construction & consultancy.
Like us on Facebook
- Joseph Jamene on Salini starts filling Gibe III dam
- Yonas on EEPCO Millennium Bond
- lamma megbo on Ethiopians intensify support for Renaissance Dam: Bereket
- referencement naturel on Great Millennium Dam moves Ethiopia
- ALI on Egyptian ambassador tells Ethiopia that Egypt will negotiate over disputed Nile River issues
Ethiopian Dam Chronology1932 Akaki (Akaki River) 6 MW
1953 Tis Abay 1 (Nile River) 11.5 MW
1960 Koka (Awash River) 42.3 MW
1966 Awash 2 (Awash River) 32 MW
1971 Awash 3 (Awash River) 32 MW
1973 Fincha (Fincha River) 100 MW
1989 Melka Wekena 153 MW
1990 Sor 5 MW
2001 Tis Abay II (Nile River) 75 MW
2004 Gibe 1 (Omo River) 184 MW
2009 Tekeze (Tekeze river) 310 MW
2009 Gibe 2 (Omo River) 420 MW
2010 Tana Beles (Belesa River) 435 MW
2013 Gibe 3 (Omo River) 1870 megawatt
2017 Great Millennium Dam (Nile River) 5250 MW
Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam Project Archive
Posted on March 7, 2012 | 6 CommentsAddis Ababa, March 6, 2012 (Addis Ababa) – Sudanese President Omar Hassan Ahmad Al-Bashir said his country will provide the necessary support towards success of construction of the Grand Ethiopian […]
Ethiopian Real-estate developers to give 121 million Birr to the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance dam ProjectPosted on August 1, 2011 | No CommentsThe emotional and deeply patriotic tide following the announcement of the mega power project, the renaissance dam, seems to be channeling into a more structured mode. Scattered yet passionate pledges […]
Posted on June 20, 2011 | 1 CommentBy Tesfa-Alem Tekle June 18, 2011 (ADDIS ABABA) – The outgoing Sudanese Ambassador to Ethiopia, Muhidin Salim Ahmed Ibrahim, said that the Sudanese community there support the hydropowered dam the […]
Posted on May 20, 2011 | No CommentsAddis Ababa, May 20 (WIC) – The National Council that was established to mobilize and coordinate public participation for the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam project will take over its job […]
Posted on May 14, 2011 | No CommentsEgypt’s prime minister says his just-completed visit to Ethiopia has opened a “whole new environment” for settlement of the longstanding dispute over sharing the waters of the Nile River. As […]
Posted on April 28, 2011 | 2 CommentsCAIRO: The “Egyptian People’s Diplomatic Delegation” will visit Ethiopia on Friday to discuss the construction of the so-called Renaissance Dam on the river Nile. Several Egyptian politicians and activists will […]
Posted on April 21, 2011 | 5 CommentsADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia — Egypt’s ambassador to Ethiopia said Thursday that his government is willing to negotiate disputed Nile River issues with Ethiopia, including a colonial-era treaty that gives Egypt […]
Posted on April 17, 2011 | 1 CommentThe Council of Ministers approved a regulation establishing a National Council in charge of coordinating public participation for construction of the “Grand Millennium Nile Dam Project’” which was renamed as […]