What can YOU do to transform Ethiopia?
- YOU can become Ethiopia’s goodwill ambassador and promote Ethiopia.
- YOU can boost Ethiopia’s foreign currency reserve by sending your remittances legally.
- YOU can open foreign savings account in Ethiopia and get a better rate of interest.
- YOU can purchase EEPCO’s Millennium Bond and get good return for it.
- YOU can invest in agriculture, manufacturing, mining, ICT, construction & consultancy.
Like us on Facebook
Ethiopian Dam Chronology1932 Akaki (Akaki River) 6 MW
1953 Tis Abay 1 (Nile River) 11.5 MW
1960 Koka (Awash River) 42.3 MW
1966 Awash 2 (Awash River) 32 MW
1971 Awash 3 (Awash River) 32 MW
1973 Fincha (Fincha River) 100 MW
1989 Melka Wekena 153 MW
1990 Sor 5 MW
2001 Tis Abay II (Nile River) 75 MW
2004 Gibe 1 (Omo River) 184 MW
2009 Tekeze (Tekeze river) 310 MW
2009 Gibe 2 (Omo River) 420 MW
2010 Tana Beles (Belesa River) 435 MW
2013 Gibe 3 (Omo River) 1870 megawatt
2017 Great Millennium Dam (Nile River) 5250 MW
Gibe III Archive
Posted on December 24, 2011 | 4 CommentsThe Italian construction firm, Salini, last Saturday started filling the Gilgel Gibe dam. Eng. Azeb Asnake, project manager of Gilgel Gibe III, told The Reporter that the contractor has finalised...
Posted on August 19, 2011 | 1 CommentAddis Ababa, August 18 (WIC) – Ministry of Water and Energy (MoWE) said concerted efforts are underway to complete the Gibe III dam project on schedule. With a view to...
Posted on August 9, 2011 | 5 CommentsThe Ethiopian Electric Power Corporation (EEPCo) has rejected calls by UNESCO’s World Heritage Committee, urging Ethiopia to immediately halt all construction on the Gilgel Gibe III hydroelectric Dam that is...
Posted on April 11, 2011 | 4 CommentsThe Gilgel Gibe III Dam is an under construction 243 m high roller-compacted concrete dam with an associated hydroelectric power plant on the Omo river in Ethiopia. Once completed it...